Pre-Construction Lead / Estimator
Bailey & Weiler Design/Build
Bloomington, IN 47404
$25 – $35 an hour
The team at Bailey & Weiler designs and builds custom homes, home additions/renovations and light commercial projects in Bloomington, Indiana and surrounding areas. We are seeking a Pre-Construction Lead to qualify project leads and coordinate the design, selections and estimating activities through execution of the construction agreement.
- Follow up on all new leads within 24 hours of receipt.
- Respectfully respond to non-qualified projects and suggest potential resources whenever possible.
- Execute a Pre-construction agreement for all qualified leads.
- Generate new relationships and solidify existing partnerships with architects, designers, realtors, bankers and past clients.
- Represent the company at relevant networking and social events.
Design & Selections
- Work with internal and external design resources to develop a design that meets the client’s functional, aesthetic and budgetary requirements.
- Ensure Selections Lead has the necessary information to assist the client with fixture, material and finish selections.
- Ensure the final selections are documented and approved by client.
- Obtain bids and estimates from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Ensure Construction Lead has visited site if necessary to confirm scope and prepare accurate labor estimates.
- Prepare project budget based on scope and specifications.
- Review budget with Construction Lead prior to presenting to client.
- Execute a construction agreement that includes the design, budget and selections.
- Schedule Construction Turnover meeting for every project upon execution of construction agreement.
- Update sales lead status in tracking software as activities occur.
- Maintain respectful working relationships with clients, team members, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Attend weekly Leadership and project review meetings.
Necessary Skills and Experience include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong experience with spreadsheets and analytical thinking.
- Patience to work with a wide range of personalities.
- Aptitude for “can do” problem-solving problems as issues arise.
- Ability to communicate with a supportive and respectful demeanor.
- Solid understanding of construction process and construction costs
- Knowledge of current building codes.
- Excellent attitude and supportive team member.
Bloomington is nestled in the rolling hills of southern Indiana. Our town is home to 85,000 residents and serves as a home away from home for tens of thousands of Indiana University students and alumni. The city has a dynamic energy, spectacular scenery, outdoor activities, world-class educational opportunities, Big Ten sporting events, thriving local businesses, a vibrant arts scene and unique shopping and dining experiences.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $25.00 – $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- project management: 3 years (Preferred)
Hours per week: